5 Reasons to Head to Sinfonia Goes Pops
By Zandra Wolfgram
Pop! Hear that? That is the sound of uncorking the summer season. Sinfonia Gulf Coast has long been known for “redefining” the traditional symphony experience. Sinfonia Goes Pops is the perfect time to gather with friends and family to enjoy a live orchestra music concert without any stuffy fuss. The “doors” to the Alys Beach Amphitheatre open at 6 p.m., and the concert begins at 7:30 p.m. with a fireworks finale at 9 p.m.
Surely you are already planning on “popping” over to the coolest 30A concert of the season on Sunday, May 29. If not, here are 5 fabulous reasons why you should.
1. Live music is always a good idea. Live music at Alys Beach is a great idea. At this popular annual concert, you’ll enjoy an evening of pop culture favorites, Broadway’s best, movie soundtrack and light classics then segue to patriotic tunes as an exciting lead up to fireworks. Talk about fanfare!
2. Al fresco is the way to go in Florida. Bring a blanket or a low-back chair and take in the chic, chill Alys Beach amphitheater vibes. For your convenience, food and beverage is available for purchase on site. Perhaps the only thing prettier than the sound of Sinfonia Gulf Coast on a summer evening is the amazing architecture of this stunning community. Bring on the Alys Beach eye candy!
3. A free for all. With prices for gas, food and whatnot ticking up, it’s refreshing to enjoy a spectacular evening of professional live music — free!
4. Fireworks! A spectacular display of festive fireworks is such a fun way to kick off the summer season. They may be the finale to this concert, but you will be on your way to a sensational summer.
5. That’s a wrap. Send up the flares, pop the champagne, this fun annual concert tradition caps Sinfonia Gulf Coast’s sensational 16th season. Come celebrate with us, won’t you?
For more information on Sinfonia Goes Pops!, visit SinfoniaGulfCoast.org.