15 FUN-FONIA FACTS
Updated: Sep 17
Sinfonia Gulf Coast personifies fun and that’s fact. In honor of this season’s momentous anniversary, we’ve gathered 15 factoids for you.
Did you know?
1. 165,000 children have been reached through Sinfonia music education outreach
2. 4,000+ 3rd-5th graders participate in Link Up each year
3. Sinfonia has performed 96 live season concerts and nearly 550 total concerts and
4. 5. & 6. 85 members of the symphony orchestra playing 17 different kinds of
instruments including 13-24 violins each concert
7. Since it launched in 2006, Sinfonia has increased its donor base by more than 1,000%
8. Nelda Jackson was the first board president for Sinfonia Gulf Coast
9. 7 local leaders have served as president of the Sinfonia Gulf Coast board
10. 7 annual Wine Women & Shoes fundraisers were hosted between 2011-2017
raising more than $1.5 million
11. Sinfonia launched Crescendo! in 2018 and raised a record $410,000 to benefit
Sinfonia Gulf Coast and its music education programs!
12. BRAVO! Basic membership was $50 in 2006, today friends in the Maestro’s Circle
13. Adagio, Andante, Allegro, Presto and Vivace are donor levels
14. Entertain, Educate and Inspire are mission mandates
15. 29 — Demetrius Fuller’s age when he founded Sinfonia Gulf Coast